Many young boys and girls think of their body weight before one month or before 2-3 weeks of summer vacation and wants to lose weight.
Folic Acid: Weight Loss Supplements
When we listen these kind of terms then immediate question pops up in our mind is HOW? How this can help me losing weight.
Let me tell you “Folic acid is also named as vitamin M, Folate, Folacin etc. Another 5 different names are given to this folic acid except what I mentioned here.” In other words, this is one of the eight vitamin B and very much important for health. Amino acid is critical for metabolism and takes part in cell division. Also a part of fat burning and protein digestion.
From a Latin name folium these folic acid and folate is derived. Folium meaning ‘leaf’, So leafy vegetables are the main source of folic acid.
Basic Concept of Weight Gain: Weight gain occurs when body gets more energy than it’s use. That means calorie intake is more than required and less calorie burn than required. So the excess calories are deposited as fat in adipose tissue.
Weight Loss happens when you chose to diet means calories intake reduced and body do not get sufficient energy to meet the body’s need. This causes body to burn stored fats for the requirement of energy. Many of the studies show that if you decrease the food intake by 500-1000 calorie/ day then you can lose 1-2lbs per week.
How Folic Acid functions and helps in Weight Loss: This is one of the most vital part of the weight loss supplements. We will discuss here few important characteristic of folic acid that will clear many doubts regarding weight loss.
- For efficient fat burning your body should have constant blood insulin level and to maintain this status folic acid plays main role.
- Healthy diet, exercise and folic acid supplements will help maximizing weight loss by increasing metabolism rate.
- Vitamin B9(part of folic acid) , Vitamin12 and vitamin C works together and helps in breaking down, absorbing and creating new proteins inside the body.
- It enhances body cell function and tissue growth.
- It Play vital role in development of neural tube for pregnancy that prevents birth defects.
- It is used for anti-depressant.
- It helps preventing aging problems and sleep disorder etc.
- Stored fat is very difficult to convert into energy so folic acid helps breaking down to fatty acids and glycerol and that can be easily transformed into energy.
Folic Acid can be found in these foods: green leafy vegetables, lettuce, broccoli, green peas, beans, fish, mushrooms, spinach, fenugreek etc.
How Much Should I take?
It is very much important to note that folic acid differs from age to age so before consuming this taking medical advice or proper knowledge is required.
- Children are allowed to take 15-300 mcg daily and adults 400 mcg daily.
- Pregnant women require 500-600 mcg daily.
Negligence while taking this can cause severe damage. So Read a lot of reviews for folic acid supplement. Weight Loss Supplements does not mean no side effects.